Bhubaneswar: The Single Subject (Class-X standard) Examination in Odia and Urdu languages and Half Yearly Language Test (8th standard) in Odia and for the year 2021 will be conducted on March 15 in the State.
The eighth standard language exam as well as Class-X standard Examination in Odia/Urdu will be conducted by the Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha through its Zonal Offices situated at Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Balasore, Berhampur, Jeypore, and Sambalpur.
The candidates can download their admit cards for these two examinations from the official website of BSE Odisha.
The Single Subject Examination and Half Yearly Language Test pass certificates are separate additional qualification to fulfil the language knowing requirement of a candidate. The Pass mark obtained in Single Subject Examination should not be re-placed with the First Language mark, he/she obtained in his/her H.S.C. or Secondary (Class-X) passed out Examination.
While the examination of Single Subject Class-X Standard will be held from 8.00 AM to 10.30 AM on March 15, the Half Yearly Language Test (8th standard) will start from 8.00 AM to 9.00 AM on the same date. The oral examination will be conducted from 10.00 AM and onwards.
ELIGIBILITY (SINGLE SUBJECT, CLASS-X STD.)
Any person who has passed with a language other than Odia/ Urdu in the H.S.C. Examination of B.S.E, Odisha or an Examination declared equivalent with that of H.S.C. Examination by the B.S.E., Odisha shall be allowed to appear Single Subject Examination in Odia/ Urd
ELIGIBILITY (HALF YEARLY LANGUAGE TEST, CLASS-VIII STD.)
1. Officers serving under Govt. of Odisha whose mother tongue is other than Odia.
2. Others who have passed HSC Examination/ Examination conducted at the end of Class–VIII with MIL other than Odia.
3. Any other candidate, pursuing studies in the State of Odisha with MIL other than Odia.
PASS MARKS (SINGLE SUBJECT, CLASS-X STD.)
• Full marks for the Single Subject shall be 100. The Candidates securing less than 30% marks will be treated as unsuccessful candidates.
• There shall be no award of division or grade for the Single Subject Examination. Candidates securing 30% or more marks shall be declared as “qualified” only.
PASS MARKS (HALF YEARLY LANGUAGE TEST, CLASS-VIII STD.)
• There will be two type of questions. Written test of one hour duration of 40 marks. The question papers shall contain translation from Odia to English – 20 marks and from English to Odia – 20 marks.
Oral examinations :– Reading a Passage – 10 marks, short talks on any item – 10 marks & Dictation – 10 marks.
• 50% marks in each question of written and oral examination is to be secured by the candidate in order to pass language test examination.