Bhubaneswar: Another seven persons infected with COVID-19 succumbed to the virus in the last 24 hours in Odisha, informed State Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) Department on Thursday.
“Regret to inform the demise of Seven #COVID19 positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the Department tweeted.
The fresh deaths were reported from four districts. While Sambalpur district recorded the highest number of three deaths due to COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, two more patients died in Bargarh district. One each death case was reported from Khurda and Bhadrak districts.
Following seven more fresh deaths, the toll increased to 448 in Odisha.
Details of new deaths reported in the last 24 hours in Odisha:
1. A 62-year old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Hypertension, Diabetes, Coronary Artery Disease, Hypothyroidism, morbid obesity.
2. A 76-year old female of Bargarh district who was also suffering from Hypertension, Diabetes.
3. A 65-year old male of Bargarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
4. A 60-year old male of Bhadrak district.
5. A 75-year old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
6. A 58-year old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Hypertension, Hyponatremia.
7. A 60-year old female of Sambalpur district.