Over 50 taken ill after marriage feasts in Nabarangpur
Nabarangpur: Over 50 people including 15 women and 15 children fell ill due to suspected food poisoning after eating food at multiple marriage feasts at Tohara village under Umerkote block in Nabarangpur district on Tuesday.
Some of them have been admitted to Umerkote community health centre while some others are undergoing treatment at Pujariguda health centre in the district.
“As many as 17 persons have been admitted at the Medicine ward while seven children are undergoing treatment at Paediatric ward. Condition of all the patients are stable with mild dehydration, ” Sarat Chandra Sehty, Umerkote chief medical Officer said.
They are now out of danger and their condition is being monitored, Sethy added.
Similarly, condition of other patients undergoing treatment at Pujariguda is reportedly stable.
There were three wedding ceremonies in the village on Tuesday.
“We had attended two marriage feasts. After consuming the food at the feats, we all complained of diarrhoea, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting. We called ambulance immediately. Two ambulances reached the village and later two other emergency vehicles came as some other villagers complained of diarrhoea and vomiting, said Dinabandhu Majhi, a villager.
All the patients have same symptoms.
Heavy non-vegetarian food is suspected to have caused food poison that led to their illness, doctors said.