Bhubaneswar: After reports of resurgence in COVID-19 cases in Odisha, the state government on Friday reimposed strict guidelines for government offices. All government offices have been advised to hold meetings over virtual mode until further orders.
“It is advised to ordinarily hold meetings over virtual mode until further orders. In case a physical meeting is necessitated, seating may be arranged so that appropriate physical distance amongst the participants is maintained,” an official order of the General Administration & Public Grievance Department said.
It has also been directed for scrupulous implementation of COVID-19 guidelines like social distancing, hand washing, and wearing of masks in the offices.
Here are the guidelines in details:
* All the employees inside the office premises are required to wear mask compulsorily, for the entire period of their stay in office.
* The principle of Social Distancing of two meters between two persons is required to be strictly maintained at all times in office.
* Unnecessary gathering/crowding in common passages/corridors is strictly prohibited.
* The employees need to ensure frequent hand washing (for minimum 20 seconds) during the office hours, especially, after use of washrooms.
* Visitors from outside to the office premises may be restricted to bare minimum and they should be disposed of within limited period following sanitation norms.
* Spitting inside the office premises is strictly prohibited.
* Officials feeling physical discomfort and suffering should be advised to seek proper medical care and if having symptoms of fever/respiratory problem should seek leave on due information to respective reporting authorities. In cases of severity, home quarantine as per the guidelines may be ensured.
* More than 4 persons in the lift are not allowed. Inside the lift, the persons should stand facing the walls of the lift and not facing each other.