Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Crime Branch has issued an advisory cautioning the State police about a fake job website that has been duping youths of the State on false promises of providing employment in IT sectors in India as well as abroad.
In an advisory to the Deputy Commissioners of Police in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack, Superintendents of Police in all the districts, the Crime Branch informed that the website- https://www.shinejob.tech has been launched by some fraudsters on German IP Protocol.
The Crime Branch also explained the modus operandi of the cyber fraudsters and asked the police department to take precautions and create awareness in their areas in order to prevent job seekers from falling prey to them.
The CB informed that the website has different web pages and as soon as an user access the website for job, s/he will be directed to the webpage to submit her/his identity details, credit card details and CVV number. The website charges Rs 10 for applying for jobs.
“Further the user is redirected to the webpage, where the job seeker will be asked to submit PayTM pin. However, at the end the website shows payment gateway error,” said the CB.
In the process, the fraudsters get the details of the users and hack the ATM card and CVV numbers to withdraw money from their accounts, alerted the CB.
The State Crime Branch also pointed out certain precautions to be followed when accessing this type of website:
• DO NOT blindly trust the URL of any website, because a little change in the alphabet in domain appears as original.
• VERIFY THE DOMAIN name from friends or person having knowledge about its genuineness.
• DO NOT GIVE financial details i.e. ATM Card/Credit Card number, CVV number, PayTM PIN number, as it is not asked anywhere.
• User must check that the payment page must be UPI ( PayTM) based page, when he is redirected for payment.
• Always have doubt in mind, when the registration charges to be paid are very less like Rs 10.