Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday approved 16 major decisions pertaining to different departments.
• The major approvals include creation of a new department named Mission Shakti, construction of ten mega rural pipe water supply schemes in Aul, Rajkanika, Chilika, Tangi, Banpur, Khordha, Jatani, Gondia, Bhubana, Golaminda, Jajpur and Binjharpur blocks.
• The constitution of rural pipe water scheme for 26 GPs of Sambalpur district and 2 GPs of Jharsuguda district have also received the cabinet nod.
• Besides, the cabinet has sanctioned the lease of 25 acres of land for construction of one satellite centre of AIIMS in Remuna tahasil of Balasore district.
• The council of ministers has approved amendment of Odisha Lokayukta Act, 2014. Besides, the annual report of Odisha Lokayukta for the year 2019 has received green signal. The report will be laid before the Odisha Legislative Assembly as per section 48 of Odisha Lokayukta Act, 2014.
• The State cabinet has also given green signal to construction of 2X500 MVA, 400/220/33 KV GIS sub-station at Paradip along with associated line to be implemented over a period of 3 years effected from 2020-21 financial year.
• Moreover, cabinet has also approved the proposal to allow OMC Limited to sell the entire quantity of Bauxite ore meant for sale through national e-auction for the financial year 2020-21 to LTL supplier only at the rate of Rs 1000 per MT with subsequent undertaking to pay the differential rate as stipulated by Orissa High Court.
• Proposal for restructuring of Odisha Excise Service Cadre also received the Cabinet nod.