Live youtube classes for school students begins today

Bhubaneswar: With no immediate possibility of reopening of schools for class room teaching in sight, the Odisha government began live streaming of classes on YouTube platform for Class I to Class X students from Monday.

The School and Mass Education Department has prepared a detailed blue print to reach out to students through virtual mode. The department has also prepared the time table for the subjects to be taught every day.

The teaching process for the students of Classes IX and X will continue till July 31 as the two Standards assume significance for the career of the students.

As many as four periods, beginning from 10.45 to 1 pm, will be held for five days from Monday to Friday. Similarly, Class I to VIII students will learn through online mode till July 7, reports said.

Classes for the students of Class I to III will be held from 9 am to 10 am while class IV to VIII will be held live from 9 am to 10.30 am.

Teachers of the concerned subjects will look after their classes through online mode and clarify doubts of students through Whatsapp chat and voice call.

According to reports, 33 per cent students were accessible to online classes last year while the rate has gone up to 40 per cent this year. Besides teaching through live streaming on YouTube, e-valuation will also be held through which students can appear for the examinations through Whatsapp. This will enable the government to store the datasheet on online mode for future valuation.

Last year, primary teaching for students of class I, II and III had come to a grinding halt due to the closure of schools amid Covid pandemic. But, this year the government has adopted an innovative idea to include all in the exercise to carry on the education programme.

The government had clarified earlier that only 40 per cent students are accessible to online mode of education while the remaining 60 per cent living in remote and inaccessible areas in the State were deprived of the benefit in the absence of internet connectivity. For these students, teachers will have to reach out to them for carry out the programme.

newslive odisha

News Live Odisha

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button