Bhubaneswar: Even as Odisha is witnessing a consistent fall in daily COVID-19 cases, the State health department on Thursday directed district and municipal administrations not to slacken the efforts implemented for management of the pandemic.
“Presently we are witnessing a consistent decrease in daily COVID-19 cases and sample positivity and the imposed restrictions are now being relaxed. But, it is critical that this exercise is carefully calibrated and there may not be any slackening in ongoing efforts for COVID management,” health department additional chief secretary PK Mohapatra said in a letter.
“During the process of calibrated relaxing of restrictions, focus must remain on adherence to Covid appropriate behaviour, test, track, treat and vaccination. Hence, a few critical areas as follows which may at all times be kept in the forefront of the continued battle against COVID-19,” Mohapatra emphasised.
The district and municipal administrations have been directed to take the following precautionary measures in order to manage the COVID-19 cases in the State.
• Directives for COVID-19 Management issued from time to time by Government may strictly be followed at all times.
• Planning for availability of sufficient Health infrastructures (isolation beds, oxygen supported & ICU beds, ventilators, ambulances etc.) including logistics and supplies as per the case trajectory analysis. Since a specified lead time is associated in undertaking any health infrastructure creation, it is important to undertake adequate advance planning on infrastructure, logistics and medicine availability
• Creation / redesigning of appropriate COVID dedicated healthcare infrastructure in pen-urban, rural and tribal areas as per the detailed SOP issued by Government.
• While the infrastructure is being upgraded, a parallel exercise of ensuring adequate human resource & their orientation on Clinical Management protocol Issued by Government may also be undertaken.
• To undertake required preparatory steps for managing COVID paediatrics cases across all districts as per the detailed guidelines issued by Government.
• Effective containment activities in areas reporting high cases on a continued basis.
• Ensure sufficient level of testing (both RT-PCR and RAT) in districts. As the situation is dynamic, a close watch needs to be kept on early signs of a surge in active cases or high positivity rates. Effective mechanism must be operationalized at district and sub-district levels to ensure that whenever cases and positivity show a surge, local containment measures are initiated promptly, as per the guidelines issued by Government from time to time.
• Monitoring of COVID-19 vaccination on a regular basis and ensure that all priority ago groups are covered as per norms with continued focus on administration of second dose.
• Sustainable COVID-19 management through effective community engagement and enforcement of Covid Appropriate Behaviour by involving the community representatives and local influencers