Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Wednesday allowed reopening of hostels for Class X and XII students functioning under the School and Mass Education Department, ST&SC Development, Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare Department and Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities Department and private schools.
In a letter to Higher Secondary Education, Secondary Education, CHSE and Board of Secondary Education, the Additional Secretary of School and Mass Education Department, Pratap Kumar Mishra said the hostels will reopen from July 26, 2021.
The letter also issued the following SOP for the hotel reopening:
1. The head of the hostel or institute should ensure that students are kept at appropriate distance and staggered manner.
2. The common area in the hostel like mess and toilet is maintained and sanitized properly at regular interval. Sufficient quantity of soap or hand sanitiser must be made available for the residents.
3. The students staying at the hostel should be counselled properly about health and hygiene.
4. Parental consent must be obtained by the students before joining in the hostel.
5. The guidelines issued by the Health and Family Welfare Department and SRC-cum-ACS must be followed scrupulously.
6. The residents must not be allowed to congregate at a given place inside the hostel and the hostel authorities must be vigilant to that effect.
7. The Head of the institute must be in touch with the local health institute to ensure periodic health check of the inmates.
8. There should be an isolation room available inside the hostel and if any inmate falls ill, he/she should be isolated immediately and proper care should be taken for his/her treatment.