Bhadrak: A minor girl reportedly took an extreme step on Wednesday by consuming poison in Basudebpur area of Bhadrak district after hearing a false news that she failed in the annual Matriculation examination.
The deceased, identified as Ranismita from Hatapokhari Sahi under Basudebpur police limits appeared for the Matriculation examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education. When the result of the Matriculation exam was announced today morning, one of the friends of Ranismita called her up and said she failed in the exam.
Family members of Ranismita said after getting the false news, she consumed poison out of embarrassment without their knowledge. Ranismita was then rushed to Bhadrak District Headquarters Hospital where she breathed her last while undergoing treatment.
After receiving information, police reached the spot and started an investigation.
Meanwhile, her family members later found she passed the Matric exam and the info provided by her friend is incorrect.