Fire breaks out at Cuttack Sishu Bhawan

Cuttack: A fire broke out at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Post Graduate Institute of Paediatrics popularly known as Sishu Bhawan in Cuttack on Saturday.

According to initial reports, the fire was triggered by electric short circuit. Soon after the incident, the blaze was brought under control.

Preliminary report suggests no major damage to property at the hospital. However, some electric cables were gutted in the fire.

“There was a sparking in an electric board near the special newborn care unit SNCU ward. The flame is now under control,” said, Abani Kumar Swain, assistant fire officer of Cuttack Fire Station.

Following the incident, electricity connection was temporarily snapped at the hospital.

newslive odisha

News Live Odisha

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button