Female patient in ICU after ceiling fan falls at Cuttack SCB
Cuttack: A running ceiling fan snapped and fell on a female patient inside the surgery ward of the Cuttack SCB Medical College and Hospital on Monday morning. The shocking incident which injured the woman critically triggered panic among the fellow patients and their attendants.
As per sources, the woman, who is a resident of Jajpur, was admitted to the hospital four days ago for treatment for burn injuries. She was undergoing care inside the surgery ward of the hospital when the mishap occurred this morning.
The woman who sustained critical injuries in the accident has been shifted to the intensive care unit of the hospital. The status of her health is yet to be announced by the medical authorities.
Sources said, police have been informed about the incident. Further details are awaited.