Bhubaneswar: Even though the Odisha government has extended the validity of some crucial motor vehicle documents following the Centre’s directive, the driving license (DL) skill tests, which were earlier suspended in view of the Covid-19 pandemic situation, will resume in the State.
However, the facilities will only be available in 17 ‘A’ category districts, informed the State Transport Authority (STA).
“The DL skill test will be resumed in the following 17 ‘A’ category districts only: Bargarh, Bolangir, Boudh, Deogarh, Gajapati, Ganjam, Jharsuguda, Kandhamal, Kalahandi, Koraput, Malkangiri, Nabarangpur, Nuapada, Rayagada, Sambalpur, Sonepur and Sundergarh,” tweeted the STA.
As per the STA, the DL skill test slot booking for the above 17 districts will be available from 11 AM on June 21, 2021. T
Test slots will be opened for booking from 7 AM to 10 PM every day. The applicants have better chance to book their favourite slot at 7 AM every day.
Only existing DL applicants can book slots for DL skill test. DL renewal with retest will be allowed. The DL skill test will commence from June 22, STA clarified.
Earlier, the Driving License and Learner’s License services were suspended across the State from April 20, 2021 in view of the Covid-19 pandemic situation.
Key instructions: –
The LL expiring from 18.03.2020 to 30.09.2021 will remain valid till 30.09.2021.
– The slots booked for DL test & LL test have been cancelled w.e.f 22.04.2021.
– The fees already paid for the DL/LL test will remain valid.
– The applicants must wear masks and follow the social distancing norms at the testing centre/office.
– The applicants from containment zone will not be allowed for any tests. In case, any such applicant tries to enter in DL test centre or office, the matter will be informed to the local police.
– Applicants are advised not to bring their friends and relatives with them to the test Centre/office.
– Applicants with symptomatic sign of COVID-19 are not allowed for the test.
The STA will issue notification for resumption of LL test and booking of slots for LL test in respect of all the districts in subsequent phases. Apart from this, the application for new LL, new DL will also be notified later in respect of all the districts. In case of emergent situation due to Covid pandemic leading to shutdown of the office, the test may be cancelled at short notice.
In case of the 13 districts of ‘B’ category (Angul, Balasore, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur, Khorda, Kendrapada, Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Nayagarh and Puri), DL test, LL test, won’t be conducted. DL related services and vehicle related services will not be available.
The VAHAN services, DL services, Fitness test for the 17 districts of ‘A’ category will resume from today, STA said.