Bhubaneswar: COVID-19 claimed nine more lives in Odisha taking total toll to 314 in the last 24 hours, informed State Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) Department on Thursday.
“Regret to inform the demise of Nine #COVID19 positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” tweeted the H&FW Department.
The fresh deaths due to COVID-19 were reported from Ganjam district (3), Cuttack district (2), Mayurbhanj district (2) and one each from Kandhamal and Sundargarh districts.
Among deceased persons, a 23-year-old person under treatment at a COVID hospital succumbed to the deadly virus.
Following new deaths, the toll in Ganjam district increased to 147, the highest in the State followed by Khurda district (42) and Sundargarh district (20). Similarly, total 16 COVID-19 patients have died of the disease in Gajapati district, 14 in Rayagada district, 13 in Cuttack district, 8 in Nayagarh district, 7 in Balasore district, 6 in Kandhamal district, 5 in Puri district, 4 each in Bhadrak and Keonjhar districts, 3 each in Angul. Bargarh, Mayurbhanj, Jajpur and Kendrapara districts, 2 each in Sambalpur, Malkangiri, Koraput, Kalahandi and Jagatsinghpur districts and 1 each in Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda and Nabarangpur districts so far.
Here’re details of COVID-19 deaths in the last 24 hours:
1. A 23-year old male of Cuttack who was also suffering from diabetes, Hypertension & nephropathy.
2. A 72-year old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
3. A 73-year old male of Ganjam.
4. An 82-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Hypertension & Diabetes.
5. A 36-year old male of Ganjam district.
6. A 61-year old male of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension, Coronary Artery Disease, Old Cerebro Vascular Accident.
7. A 58-year old male of Mayurbhanj district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
8. A 60-year old male of Mayurbhanj district.
9. An 81-year old male of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.