Bhubaneswar: COVID-19 claimed 10 more lives in Odisha in the last 24 hours, informed the State Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) Department on Thursday.
“Regret to inform of the demise of ten Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” tweeted the Department
The fresh deaths were reported from Ganjam district (3), Sundargarh district (2) and 1 each from Bhadrak, Keonjhar, Nayagarh, Kandhamal and Nabarangpur districts.
With the new deaths due to COVID-19, the toll in the State rose to 235. The hotspot district Ganjam contributed the highest number of 120 to the State’s toll followed by Khurda district (31 including 18 in Bhubaneswar) and Gajapati district (14).
Details of fresh 10 deaths reported by the State H&FW Department today:
1. A 52 year old Male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
2. A 40 year old male of Nabarangpur district who was also suffering from Pulmonary Tuberculosis.
3. A 28 year old female of Sundergarh district.
4. A 40 year old male of Ganjam district.
5. A 39 year old male of Nayagarh district.
6. A 54 year old male of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Uncontrolled Diabetes.
7. A 55 year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Relapsed Tuberculosis.
8. A 53 year old female of Bhadrak district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
9. A 61 year old male of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
10. A 52 year old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension & Chronic Kidney Disease.
Moreover, one more COVID-19 patient died in the State due to other health complication. The deceased is a resident of Ganjam district.
“Regret to report the demise of a 45 year old female Covid positive patient of Ganjam district who expired due to Carcinoma Gallbladder, Severe Septic shock and Hepatic Encephalopathy,” tweeted the State H&FW Department.
With this, the number of fatalities due to other than COVID reached 45 in the State so far.