7 railway officials among 17 test COVID-19 positive in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: Seven railway officials are among new COVID-19 cases reported from Bhubaneswar in last 24 hours on Wednesday, informed Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) today.
Today, 17 cases were reported in Bhubaneswar, of which 14 are home quarantine cases and 3 are local contacts.
Of new cases, seven are railway officials. They are 36-year-old male, 40-year-old male, 31-year-old male, 40-year-old male, 35-year-old male, two 36-year-old males with travel history to Delhi.
Another seven cases were reported from home quarantine. Out of those, 2 cases of Bhimpur near Bhubaneswar Airport are 34-year-old male and 62-year-old female of the same family linked with previous positive case with travel history to Delhi.
Here’re details of remaining home quarantine cases:
• One case of Bhimpur near Maa Shakti Hospital is a 64-year-old male with travel history to Delhi
• One case of Housing Board Colony in Dumduma area is a 25-year-old male with travel history to Delhi
• Two cases of Sabar Sahi in Nayapalli area are 20 years old female and 15 years old minor boy of the same family linked with a previous positive case with travel history to Delhi
• One case currently under paid quarantine is a 24 years old woman. She is a native to other district linked with an earlier positive case with travel history to Delhi.
Local Contact cases:
• One case of Naharkanata near Puri Canal Road is a 27 years old male.
• One case is a 32-year-old male employee of Central Government Hospital, Bhubaneswar
• One case of Saranpalli in Jayadev Vihar area is a 37-year-old woman linked with a previous positive case, who is a service provider in a private hospital.
With this, the COVID-19 tally in Bhubaneswar rose to 149 with 64 active cases and 81 recoveries. Three COVID-19 patients have succumbed to the deadly virus so far.