Bhubaneswar: Eleven more COVID-19 patients died in the State in the last 24 hours, informed State Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) Department Dashboard on Wednesday.
Of fresh deaths, the deadly virus claimed 9 more lives and 2 more COVID-19 patients died due to other health complications.
“Regret to inform of the demise of nine Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the State H&FW Department tweeted.
The new COVID-19 deaths were reported from Ganjam district (5) and one each from Khurda, Keonjhar, Gajapati and Sundargarh districts.
With 9 more fatalities, the death toll due to COVID-19 rose to 225 in the State. The hotspot Ganjam district contributed 117 to the State’s toll with 5 more deaths in the last 24 hours.
Fresh COVID-19 deaths shared by the State H&FW Department:
1. A 42 year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Acute Kidney Injury.
2. A 55 year old male of Sundergarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
3. A 52 year old female of Ganjam district.
4. A 59 year old male of Ganjam district.
5. A 27 year old male of Gajapati district.
6. A 53 year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
7. A 21 year old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes (Type-I).
8. A 60 year old female of Khurda district.
9. A 63 year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Uncontrolled Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease.
Moreover, 2 more COVID-19 patients die in Cuttack and Malkangiri districts due to other reasons.
“Regret to report the demise of two Covid positive patients due to other causes,” the State H&FW Department said in another tweet.
Details of 2 other than COVID-19 deaths in the State:
1. A 54 year old male of Malkangiri district who expired due to Acute Chronic Kidney Disease with Uremic Encephalopathy
2. A 1 year old male child of Cuttack district who expired due to Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage, Hemolytic Anemia & sepsis.
With this, the toll due to other than COVID-19 reached 44 so far.