Bhubaneswar: Ten more persons infected with COVID-19 succumbed to the virus in Odisha in the last 24 hours, informed State Dashboard on Friday.
“Regret to inform of the demise of ten Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” State Health & Family Welfare Department tweeted.
The fresh deaths were reported from Ganjam district (4), Puri district (3), Cuttack district (1), Sambalpur district (1) and Sundargarh district (1).
With 10 new deaths, the toll reached 324 in Odisha so far.
Here’re details of deaths reported in the last 24 hours:
1. A 44 year old male of Cuttack who was also suffering from Hypertension.
2. A 60 year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
3. A 75 year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
4. A 65 year old male of Ganjam district.
5. A 70 year old male of Ganjam district.
6. A 52 year old male of Sambalpur district.
7. A 32 year old male of Sundergarh district.
8. A 50 year old male of Puri district who was also suffering from Diabetes & Hypertension.
9. A 52 year old male of Puri district .
10. A 72 year old male of Puri district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
Following new deaths, the toll in Ganjam district increased to 151, the highest in the State followed by Khurda district (42) and Sundargarh district (21). Similarly, total 16 COVID-19 patients have died of the disease in Gajapati district, 14 in Rayagada district, 14 in Cuttack district, 8 in Nayagarh district, 7 in Balasore district, 6 in Kandhamal district, 8 in Puri district, 4 each in Bhadrak and Keonjhar districts, 3 each in Sambalpur, Angul. Bargarh, Mayurbhanj, Jajpur and Kendrapara districts, 2 each in Malkangiri, Koraput, Kalahandi and Jagatsinghpur districts and 1 each in Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda and Nabarangpur districts so far.